Proteome Sciences is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We want to tell you how we use and protect your personal information. This includes informing you of your rights regarding your personal information that we hold.
This Privacy Notice sets out how we may use process and store your personal information. In other cases, we will obtain that information from you with your permission and consent, or we may receive your personal information from third parties who you have given consent to pass this information on to us.
The Laws and Regulations
The laws that govern personal data in the UK are:
- The Data Protection Act (1998)
- REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR”).
The independent authority that upholds information rights in the public interest in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”). Further information can be found at https://ico.org.uk.
Who is PROTEOME SCIENCES?
This is Proteome Sciences’ registered address, company number and contact information:
Proteome Sciences plc
Downside Bridge Road
Surrey KT11 3EP
Company Registration Number: 2879724
ICO Registration Number: Z7303756
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7043 2116
Proteome Sciences’ Website: http://www.proteomics.com
Information we may collect from you
PROTEOME SCIENCES may collect information from you because we have a legal reason (allowed by law or under contract) to collect the information, or because you have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose.
Information you give us
You may give us information about you with your consent, for example:
- By filling in a form on our website or sending us an e-mail
- Applying for a job at Proteome Sciences.
This information may be personal, financial, educational, or related to your employment history.
You may give us information for legal reasons, such as to enter into a contract with us, when you are buying goods or services from us, or when you are taking a job at Proteome Sciences.
Information we collect about you
If you visit our website we may automatically collect information about you, for example:
- How you interact with our website.
- IP addresses
- Information about what type of device you use to connect to our website
- Technical information
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use our website.
Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won't affect the user's experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
Why does PROTEOME SCIENCES collect personal information?
PROTEOME SCIENCES collects information for some or all of following reasons:
- To provide services to you after you have placed an order
- To provide information about products or services you have shown interest in purchasing within a reasonable time afterwards, if you are already an existing PROTEOME SCIENCES customer
- To provide information to you about products or services you have purchased from us, or related products or services
- To employ you or consider you for employment
- To provide services to you under contract
- For legal reasons, for example, if you have entered into a contract with us
- To provide information to you about our products and services if you have consented to receive it.
What legal basis does PROTEOME SCIENCES have for processing my information?
PROTEOME SCIENCES may process your information because:
- We have a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- We must provide services to you after you have purchased it from us
- To comply with the law.
All of these reasons are reasons PROTEOME SCIENCES may legally process the information we have about you.
Who might PROTEOME SCIENCES share your information with?
PROTEOME SCIENCES may share your personal information with third parties, either because you have consented to allow us to do so or for legal reasons. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- Subsidiary companies within the Proteome Sciences Group, namely Electrophoretics Limited and Proteome Sciences R&D GmbH KG. subcontractors and third parties for the purpose of the performance of a contract that we hold with them or that we hold with you
- With third parties because you have given consent
- With third parties who provide sales and shipping services because you have expressed an interest in or purchased goods or services
Other reasons PROTEOME SCIENCES may share your personal information with a third party
If PROTEOME SCIENCES or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by PROTEOME SCIENCES about its customers will be one of the transferred assets of the company.
In addition, PROTEOME SCIENCES will share your personal data with third parties for the following reasons:
- If PROTEOME SCIENCES must comply with a legal obligation
- To enforce Terms and Conditions of Sale, or other agreements
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of PROTEOME SCIENCES, our customers or others
- We will exchange information with other companies or organizations to prevent fraud or to reduce our credit risks.
Where we store your personal data
We store and process your personal data in the EU/European Economic Area (“EEA”) or outside the EEA with service providers providing services under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework or under Corporate Binding rules authorized by the European data protection authorities.
How long will you keep my personal information?
PROTEOME SCIENCES will not retain your personal information for longer than required.
We will keep your personal information:
- For as long as required by law
- Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it
- Until you request us to stop using it.
We may keep just enough of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your requests not use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased even if it includes your personal data until such time as you are no longer our customer.
If you have questions about our Data Retention Policy, we can provide you with a copy. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I chose not to give you my personal information?
If the personal information is necessary in order to supply services to you under a contract between you and PROTEOME SCIENCES, then we will not enter into that contract or provide the services if you do not give us your personal information.
PROTEOME SCIENCES will respect your legal rights to your data.
Below are the rights that you have under law, and what PROTEOME SCIENCES does to protect those rights:
|What PROTEOME SCIENCES does to protect your rights
|The right to be informed
|PROTEOME SCIENCES is publishing this Privacy Notice to keep you informed as to what we do with your personal information. We strive to be transparent about how we use your data.
|The right to access
|You have the right to access your information. Please contact PROTEOME SCIENCES’ Data Protection Officer at email@example.com if you wish to access the personal information PROTEOME SCIENCES holds about you.
|The right to rectification
|If the information PROTEOME SCIENCES holds about you is inaccurate or not complete, you have the right to ask us to rectify it. If that data has been passed to a third party with your consent or for legal reasons, then we must also ask them to rectify the data. Please contact our Data Protection Officer if you need us to rectify your information: firstname.lastname@example.org
|The right to erasure
|This is sometimes called ‘the right to be forgotten’. If you want PROTEOME SCIENCES to erase all your personal data and we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it, please contact our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
|The right to restrict processing
|You have the right to ask PROTEOME SCIENCES to restrict how we process your data. This means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future. If you want us to restrict processing of your data, please contact our Data Protection Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
|The right to data portability
|PROTEOME SCIENCES must allow you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across services in a safe and secure way without this affecting the usability of your data. Please contact our Data Protection Officer if you want information how to port your data elsewhere: email@example.com. This right only applies to personal data that you have provided to us as the Data Controller. The data must be held by us by consent or for the performance of a contract.
|The right to object
|You have the right to object to PROTEOME SCIENCES processing your data even if it is based on our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, direct marketing (including data aggregation), and processing for the purposeless of statistics. If you wish to object please contact our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
|The right to withdraw consent
|If you have given us your consent to process your data but change your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and PROTEOME SCIENCES must stop processing your data. If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
|The right to complain to a Supervisory Authority
|You have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel that PROTEOME SCIENCES has not responded to your requests to solve a problem. You can find their contact details here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Links to Other Websites
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
PROTEOME SCIENCES may change this notice from time to time in the future. Any such changes will be posted here and, where appropriate, notified to you in writing. We advise you to check back frequently to see any updates or changes.
This notice was last updated in May 2018.