- Detection and quantification of proteins from a 1D or 2D gel band
- Human, rodent, monkey, pig and others all covered
- Compatibility with a wide variety of sample matrices, including tissue, serum, cell lysates, CSF, exosomes, etc.
- Includes full computational proteomic analysis and bioinformatics
Proteome Sciences offers this service to enable the identification of proteins in a gel band or 2-dimensional gel spot. Generally this is designed for laboratories that have already run gels, but we can also run standard SDS-PAGE and non-denaturing 1- and 2-dimensional gels if required.
For the greatest sensitivity towards your target you should cut the band close to the expected molecular weight region. Please note; gels should only be stained with mass spectrometry-compatible stains. Typical gel band dimensions will be ~5mm x 2mm. We can get an identification with as little as 1ng of protein on gel. Generally we would use a Label Free approach and a Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer, but for multiple samples where more precise quantification is required, different samples can be TMT labelled.
We can provide similar services for isolated proteins in solution e.g. following LC or capillary electrophoresis. We recommend submitting samples at a protein concentration of ≥1µg/µL in 10µL of buffer. As some detergents and other buffers can affect the performance of the Mass Spectrometer or interfere with the assay, please call/email so we can discuss before you plan sample preparation
- Sample preparation: In-gel digestion with trypsin or another more specific protease according to assay needs
- Mass Spectrometry analysis: Digested samples are analysed with 0.5hr LC/MS2 runs
- Data analysis: Protein identification is performed with Proteome Discoverer
The turnaround time is typically 2-3 weeks.
- Report generation: will be PowerPoint/Word document listing the proteins detected and the raw MS data
- An Excel workbook containing the detailed qualitative and quantitative protein identification data.
|Typical turnaround time||